1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Purchased a business (well helped a little), made more money then before, spoke at a funeral, had my son and daughter dedicated.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't even remember what they were, so probably not.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
ME! and my cousin-in-law Tiffani.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Bleah. This was not a good year. both my grandpas, Adam's grandpa, my uncles dad and my friend Jessica's grandpa
5. What countries did you visit?
Um yeah, the whole kid thing kind of puts a damper on international travel right now.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A clean house and more time to spend with my family.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 15-my grandpa died and Conner was dedicated, August 25th, my other grandpa died, and September 25th Lilli was born. Of course there are the birthdays and anniversarys etc
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Lilli and making enough money to give my family what they need and want
9. What was your biggest failure?
The constant battle with my weight and the times I was too easily frustrated with Conner
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Went back on Lexapro for my anxiety.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ummm hopefully the flooring company and it will make us lots of money
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Conner-he has been amazing to Lilli, and rarely gets frustrated with her. He always does what he can to make her happy, which in turn makes me happy
My mom-she had a rough year. 'nuff said.
Adam-he is amazing with Conner and Lilli, and he deserves props for dealing with his chemically imbalanced wife so well on a daily basis
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
"anonymous in New Albany"
14. Where did most of your money go?
Conner, Lilli and my closet. Ok so savings and the house too.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Any Johnny Cash song, because every time we get in the car and we ask Conner what he wants to hear he has started answering "Johnny Cash"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, I'm not faced with a sick grandpa.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) richer or poorer? Financially better off.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Ate better, exercised, and cleaning my house.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yelling, eating and shopping
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve, we cleaned and had our open house that night, and then I went to church with my parents and grandma. Christmas Day, Adam's sister stayed the night so we all opened presents together as a family. Then we had naps and went to my sisters house, where her boyfriends family was visiting from out of town (like Germany out of town) then off to Adam's mom and dads. whew.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
With little Lilli-bug and even more so with Conner and Adam.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grays Anatomy, The Office, Scrubs, Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe and Mythbusters
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Wow, I read so many before Lilli got here, now if I can just remember them...Zig Ziglars biography, and the Devil Wears Prada.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
OKGO, Justin Timberlake, Regina Spektor
27. What did you want and get?
A healthy baby girl
28. What did you want and not get?
A less stressful job
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
SNAKES ON A PLANE
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Umm..oh I worked and ohh ohh Adam got me a gorgeous ring. I was 25
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning a bajillion dollars, being able to do freelance work and stay home with the babies
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Do cardigans count as "concept"? Umm lets see how about trying to look mature but not 50 years old.
33. What kept you sane?
Adams stability and the adorableness of my children
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ohh la la House can give me a check up any day
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The complete and total cluelessness of my city government and Busy sending our people (and potentially) my husband to die for his clusterfuck mistake
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Don't be afraid to ask for help, and some stuff is better forgotten.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"There's got to be a break in the monontany 'cause baby when it rains how it pours"